Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant to the President/CEO
Reports to: President/CEO and Vice President/Governmental Affairs Manager
- Support the President/CEO. Duties include: schedule meetings and maintain calendar. Review emails, prepare correspondence and screen phone calls. Oversee Information Specialist.
- Serve as staff liaison for the monthly Greater Riverside Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Military Affairs Committee meetings. Duties include: scheduling and staffing the meetings, preparing agendas, minutes and other related materials as needed.
- Serve as staff coordinator for the Annual Military Appreciation Picnic and the Raincross Trophy Dinner. Duties include: script-writing, menu-planning, seating, speakers, developing promotional and visual materials, reservations, check-in, billings and financial reconciliation, soliciting donor and business participation, coordinating logistics and overseeing operation of the events.
- Serve as staff coordinator for Good Morning Riverside (GMR). GMR is a monthly meeting that focuses on regional information along with updates on local businesses and the community. Duties include: script writing, drafting program, coordinate/confirm agenda speakers and review details with emcee. Assist Special Events Manager with set-up, clean-up and run microphone during program.
- Coordinate silent auction for Chamber Inaugural Celebration. Duties include: soliciting businesses for donations, develping promotional and display materials, and collecting payment from bidders.
- Perform various office duties: filing, answering phones, etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities and assignments as requested by the President/CEO and Vice President/Governmental Affairs Manager.
- Coordinate installation and troubleshooting with off-site IT consultant for network and computer equipment.
- Building maintenance: landscaping and janitorial vendors.
- Office equipment contracts: copier and printers.
- Examine and issue Certificate of Origin for International Trade.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task concurrent projects while operating in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and desktop publishing applications, social media networks, and audio/visual equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two to four-year degree preferred or equivalent experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to lift 50 LBS without difficulty.
- Bilingual candidates are a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Full-time $19-22/hour
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Submit cover letter and resume to Vice President/Governmental Affairs Manager Nicholas Adcock at email@example.com.